Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Jordan memoirs; Part two

After  couple of hours on the road we arrived at the town that I am going to spend nearly 7 years of my life, Irbid. Its strange how a place I  heard of a week ago will literally hijack the most beautiful years of my life, my "dhalinyarnimo" my young adulthood years, the prime and cream of my lifetime, in return Irbid will generously provide a handful experiences that  will help me further in my life, in addition to my primary goal, Kartoonka Jaamacada, The Carton that my university certificate is.

Although I was  cold-struck and shivering, the excitement and mysterious expectations that lies ahead have intrigued me. I was bestowed with an extra bout of energy I never thought I had, a surge of liveliness was running through my veins, I was  thirsty to know, to learn, to experience , I was hungry for it, Finally I am an independant human responsible for my every actions. 

 I am not blessed with a camera-eye and usually I cannot recollect the faces and names of every person I meet but people are never the same and situations vary, The faces and names of the students in Irbid that welcomed us that day are enshrined into the belly of my brain. 

By this time I have been awake for almost 40 hours but amazingly I did not feel that much tired. we slept that night in vigilance sleep by one eye and awake by the other, Afraid of the unknown, The most Irrational yet rational fear!. 

The cordial gestures expressed by the students (to be Friends) had a soothing and calming affect on all of us, We felt like war heroes liberated from enemy's captivity. it felt like arriving home, yet to unknown faces.
 

I got sleepy now...to be continued. 
 




No comments:

Oh Allah! Save us from the Balwo.

The advent of "Balwo" Musical style was met with disdain by the contemporary religious and cultural figures of the time. one of th...